From: "Henry W. Peters" <hwpeters@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can't connect to internet from Live DVD.
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:28:41
1 On 9/19/2013 1:10 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > Henry,
5 > I think it would be good if you posted the output of a few commands
6 > so we could get our bearings:
7 >
8 > uname -a
9 >
10 > lspci -k
11 >
12 > lsmod
13 >
14 > My wife's laptop uses wireless. I took a quick look in her kernel
15 > config and don't find "RALINK" so I'm not sure what driver should be
16 > enabled.
17 >
18 > In terms of doing the install presumably you have a wired Ethernet
19 > port on this laptop? If so you are likely to do better with that
20 > during install. I didn't get her ATH9K wireless working until I was
21 > running Gentoo.
22 >
23 > Good luck,
24 > Mark
25 Thanks Mark, ok, will post soon as I can get to it.
26
27 I should have mentioned that it is not a laptop, but a desktop (& I can,
28 & have tried ethernet connect, as I said, with no luck, so far).
29 Regards,
30 Henry