From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Passing options to X server
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:03:09
1 gentoo-wiki.com is a great resouce for these types of questions.
2
3 http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Changing_Gray_Startup_Background is what you
4 are looking for.
5
6 You will have to make multiple changes, as XDM and startx get thier
7 server settings from differnt location.
8
9 Regards,
10 Brett
11
12 Anand Buddhdev wrote:
13 > Hi fellow Gentoo'ers,
14 >
15 > I hope you don't mind me asking questions that might sound somewhat
16 > trivial to some of you.
17 >
18 > I would like to pass the -br option to the X server when it starts, so
19 > that instead of displaying the default root weave pattern (which
20 > flickers and gives me a dizzy feeling), I get a solid black background
21 > in the root window.
22 >
23 > Where exactly is the correct place to put this -br option, so that
24 > whether X is started by xdm, or manually with startx, this option is
25 > honoured?
26 >
27 > Regards,
28 >