From: Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Asus Z9200km ACPI locks machine: output with ACPI debug
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:59:08
1 > On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 07:42:35PM -0400, Nuitari wrote:
2 >> Unplug your USB devices before booting the laptop.
3 >> It is a very well discussed ACPI bug on google and you can get some fixed
4 >> ACPI tables to compile into the kernel.
5 >
6 > I've read extensively about that bug and tried everything
7 > suggested including building kernels with the various DSDT tables
8 > provided built in.
9 >
10 > All lockup at the same point.
11 >
12 > The 2.02 BIOS downgrade option is also not available for model.
13 >
14 > Sadly, everyone figures I am running into the same bug and am simply
15 > to lazy to use the fixes others have had success with.
16 >
17 > So I'll just sit in my corner, all alone.
20 This is odd as I got the same model laptop with 2.6.16-r5 (I think) with
21 the latest bios version and the bug goes the same way as everybody else.
22
23 You could always run a kernel with no acpi, though that's not so great for
24 a laptop
25 --
26 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list