From: "gigli@×××××××.se" <gigli@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] vsftpd
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 10:04:57

I have an amd64 machine as a kind of home server. Before it was a p4,
but when the motherboard broke i bought an amd64. I reinstalled the
system and copied my old vsftpd.conf file, which before worked as a
charm. It's anonymous service only. Now when i try to connect i got
these messages:

ftp localhost
Connected to localhost (
220 Welcome to ***** FTP service.
Name (localhost:*****): anonymous
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
SSL not available
331 Please specify the password.
230 Login successful.
ftp> cd pub
215 UNIX Type: L8
ftp> ls
500 OOPS: vsf_sysutil_recv_peek
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

And thats it.

My vsftd.log:

Wed Apr  5 11:32:21 2006 [pid 5151] CONNECT: Client ""
Wed Apr  5 11:32:33 2006 [pid 5150] [ftp] OK LOGIN: Client "",
anon passwor "**********"

I have searched the internet and gentoo forums with no luck. Is there
anyone with a solution?