From: Michel Merinoff <mike_merinov@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] New ATI proprietary driver
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:58:01
1 Chris Traylor wrote:
2 > Has anybody tried the new ATI driver? I did the emerge, and everything
3 > seemed fine. However, when I go to log in, any keypress or mouse click
4 > crashes the entire system. If I switch from the fglrx driver to the open
5 > source radeon driver everything works (or at least the things that the
6 > xorg driver supports, seems to work). I tried updating qt,kde, and
7 > reinstalling xorg 7.1, but all to no avail. I haven't gotten to trudging
8 > through the X logs yet, but I figured I'd go fishing for ideas, just in
9 > case, someone ran across this as well. Any ideas (sans a lecture about
10 > slaveryware from Duncan) would be appreciated.
11 >
12 > Chris
16 I've had the problem some time ago. It was 8.20.something version of the
17 driver. I couldn't solved this problem with anything but upgrading up to
18 the new (at that time, of course) driver.
22 Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list