From: Marko Obrovac <marko.obrovac@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Xorg and usb keyboard/mouse and some screen flickering :(
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 21:02:56
1 Hello people,
2
3 I own an MSI laptop (GX-700) and today I bought an external monitor (LG
4 W2443) and a wireless keyboard/mouse combo (Trust) for it. However, I'm
5 having problems with all of them :(
6
7 Firstly the keyboard/mouse issue. A few months ago I bought a wireless mouse
8 (also a Trust one), just plugged it in, started the system and everything
9 worked nicely. Now, I can't get the new keyboard/mouse combo to work. I'm
10 sure they're OK, because in the grub menu I can use the new keyboard to
11 select/edit/etc the boot stuff (i.e. I'm sure BIOS recognises it). However,
12 I can't seem to get it to work in Xorg... The thing that strikes me the most
13 is that the "old" mouse worked without a problem. Any hints?
14
15 Secondly, the new monitor. I can see constant flickering on it. I'm sure
16 it's not the monitor's fault since I had similar issues with others as well
17 - that is to say, I'm quite convinced it has something to do with my graphic
18 card (nvidia geforce 8600m gt).
19
20 I'm pasting the xorg.conf and /etc/make.conf files here as I'm not sure the
21 mailing list supports attachments.
22
23 Any help is welcome,
24 Marko
27 XORG.CONF
28 =========
29 # nvidia-settings: X configuration file generated by nvidia-settings
30 # nvidia-settings: version 1.0 (root@moveable-basket) Wed Oct 21 23:07:18
31 Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page 2009
32
33 #Section "InputDevice"
34 # Identifier "Mouse0"
35 # #Driver "synaptics"
36 # Driver "mouse"
37 # Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
38 # #Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
39 # Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
40 #EndSection
41
42 Section "ServerLayout"
43
44 Identifier "X.org Configured"
45 Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
46 InputDevice "Keyboard0"
47 InputDevice "Mouse0"
48 Option "BackingStore" "True"
49 # InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
50 EndSection
51
52 Section "Files"
53 ModulePath "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
54 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
55 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"
56 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/OTF"
57 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
58 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/"
59 FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/"
60 EndSection
61
62 Section "Module"
63
64 #Load "dbe"
65 #Load "dri"
66 #Load "dri2"
67 #Load "extmod"
68 Load "glx"
69 #Load "record"
70 EndSection
71
72 Section "ServerFlags"
73 Option "Xinerama" "0"
74 EndSection
75
76 Section "InputDevice"
77 # generated from data in "/etc/conf.d/gpm"
78 Identifier "Mouse0"
79 Driver "evdev"
80 Option "Protocol"
81 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
82 Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
83 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
84 EndSection
85
86 Section "InputDevice"
87
88 #Driver "kbd"
89 Identifier "Keyboard0"
90 Driver "evdev"
91 #Option "CoreKeyboard"
92 Option "XkbRules" "xrrg"
93 Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
94 Option "XkbLayout" "us,hr"
95 #Option "Device" "/dev/input/event6"
96 EndSection
97
98 Section "Monitor"
99 Identifier "Monitor0"
100 VendorName "Unknown"
101 ModelName "LG W2443"
102 HorizSync 30.0 - 83.0
103 VertRefresh 56.0 - 75.0
104 EndSection
105
106 Section "Device"
107 Identifier "Card0"
108 Driver "nvidia"
109 VendorName "nVidia Corporation"
110 BoardName "GeForce 8600M GT"
111 Option "RenderAccel" "True"
112 BusID "PCI:8:0:0"
113 EndSection
114
115 Section "Device"
116 Identifier "Device0"
117 Driver "nvidia"
118 VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
119 BoardName "GeForce 8600M GT"
120 EndSection
121
122 Section "Screen"
123 Identifier "Screen0"
124 Device "Device0"
125 Monitor "Monitor0"
126 DefaultDepth 24
127 Option "TwinView" "0"
128 Option "metamodes" "CRT: nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
129 SubSection "Display"
130 Modes "1920x1080"
131 Depth 16
132 EndSubSection
133 SubSection "Display"
134 Modes "1920x1080"
135 Depth 24
136 EndSubSection
137 EndSection
138
139 #Section "Extensions"
140 # Option "Composite" "Enable"
141 #EndSection
145 MAKE.CONF
146 ==========
147 # These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically
148 # built this stage.
149 # Please consult /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example for a more
150 # detailed example.
151 CFLAGS="-march=nocona -O2 -pipe"
152 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
153 # WARNING: Changing your CHOST is not something that should be done lightly.
154 # Please consult http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/change-chost.xml before
155 changing.
156 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
157 # These are the USE flags that were used in addition to what is provided by
158 the
159 # profile used for building.
160 #USE="mmx sse sse2"
161 USE="intel mmx sse sse2 bash-completion cddb cdparanoia cups dvb ffmpeg gd
162 gnuplot imagemagick jabber jingle lame latex lm_sensors mime msn multilib
163 ncurses networkmanager nptl nsplugin offensive pcmcia pcre perl plotutils
164 posix python readline smp sockets subversion suid symlink syslog threads v4l
165 v4l2 vim-syntax wifi wxwidgets xattr xcomposite xft xine xinetd yahoo -kde
166 -qt3 -qt4"
167 VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
168 ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel loopback virmidi"
169 INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse synaptics"
170 ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
171
172 MAKEOPTS="-j3"
173
174 GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://gentoo.imj.fr/pub/gentoo/
175 ftp://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/
176 http://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/
177 ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.gentoo.org/ "
178
179 SYNC="rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
180 source /usr/local/portage/layman/make.conf