From: Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] openoffice-bin toolbar icons
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 06:33:53
1 Yann Ramin wrote:
4 > I've noticed this too, haven't figured out a proper solution to this.
5 >
6 > I've been using OO.o v2 on my Ubuntu laptop because of it. Version 2
7 > is a far cry better than 1. Does v2 build on AMD64 reliably now?
8 > Anyone tried their luck?
9
10 The icon thing is a known bug in later Xorg versions that affects mostly
11 OOo and Wine apps.
12
13 I upgraded to OOo2 rc3 yesterday, and the porblem is gone. However,
14 that's a binary x86 version; I haven't tried source yet, don't even know
15 if it's supported.
16
17 However, OOo2 crashes my X server while browsing through fonts. I'm not
18 sure whether this is OOo' fault or that of my X server (the experimental
19 modularized version). I heard that the final release was moved into
20 Portage last night, so I'll check that out today.
21
22 Sebastian Redl
23 --
24 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list