From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Udev FUSE rules on boot
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 04:34:50
1 On 11/5/07, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I unmasked and built the .23 kernel last week sometime and everything
3 > has been working great. However, I noticed over the weekend something
4 > bombing right around udev startup with the
5 > /etc/udev/rules.d/40-fuse.rules being invalid (or something similar). I
6 > can't seem to find the log that shows the error message (it wasn't in
7 > dmesg) but is anyone else seeing this? Is it safe to pull that rule
8 > out? What do I need to do to fix it?
9
10 I don't have that file; my FUSE rules are in
11 /etc/udev/rules.d/99-fuse.rules. Are you sure that file is not an old
12 one not removed in an update? What says the following command?
13
14 equery b /etc/udev/rules.d/40-fuse.rules
15
16 If it doesn't belong to any package, you can (and should) remove it.
17 --
18 Canek Peláez Valdés
19 Facultad de Ciencias, UNAM
20 --