From: Javi Moreno <vierito5@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] SD Card reader, HP/Compaq latptop
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:53:22
1 With the 2.6.21 I don't need any tweak, at least for me.
2
3 First configure the kernel
4
5 # cd /usr/src/linux
6 # make menuconfig
9 Under Device Drivers I have MMC Support selected, MMC block device driver
10 and Secure Digital Host Controller Inferface Support as well.
11 Then TI Flash Media as module.
12
13 If you are first selecting this option you'll have to reboot with the new
14 kernel.
15 If not you can compile and load the module tifm_sd. After modprobing you can
16 run update-modules to have that module loaded always.
17
18 # make && make modules_install
19 # cp arch/'YOUR ARCH'/boot/bzImage /boot/'YOUR KERNEL'
20 # reboot (not needed depending on what you had on your previous kernel)
21
22 # modprobe tifm_sd
23 # update-modules
24
25 The device will be named /dev/mmcblk0, /dev/mmcblk0p1 for firt partition and
26 so on.
27
28 Now mount, you'll need vfat fs support.