From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 06:15:42
1 Frank Peters wrote:
2 > On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 19:13:18 -0700
3 > Stan Sander<stsander@×××××.net> wrote:
6 >> In addition to using grub-static, you will need to have the
7 >> IA32 Emulation enabled in your kernel, else you won't be able
8 >> to execute grub at all.
9 >>
10 > If you are building a system largely for personal or even small
11 > business use, you can easily use lilo instead of grub.
12 >
13 > Lilo is still actively maintained and is my personal preference.
14 >
15 > Frank Peters
19 I used lilo when I first started using Linux, Mandrake 9.1 days. When I
20 started with Gentoo, I switched to grub. I can't even imagine being
21 without grub. I know lilo has some strong points and is maintained but
22 I still prefer grub. I also read that a new grub is in the pipe too.
23 Supposed to be much better. That's the rumor anyway.
24
25 Thanks.
26
27 Dale