From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Where to put the dvb-t driver now?
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 06:00:45
1 Jens Herrmann posted on Sun, 06 Dec 2009 01:21:24 +0100 as excerpted:
2
3 > I use a cinergy XE dvb-t stick which needs the af9005 driver. Until
4 > recently this driver had to be placed in a directory specific to the
5 > kernel version used, here /lib/firmware/2.6.24-19-generic. When I
6 > updated the kernel to 2.6.31 today I found that this directory does not
7 > exist anymore, so I assume there has been a change. The af9005 is in
8 > /lib/firmware but cannot be loaded via modprobe (FATAL: Module af9005
9 > not found). Where do I have to put the driver now?
10
11 I think they changed the kernel firmware config options back about that
12 time (I run direct linus kernel git, the better to test new kernels and
13 git-bisect bugs I come across, so 2.6.31 was some months ago for me). I
14 do recall having to fiddle with it a bit for the (normally shipped with
15 kernel sources) NIC driver I run, but don't recall exactly what version
16 it was when I did.
17
18 Anyway, in menuconfig, look under Device Drivers, Generic Driver
19 Options. You may have to change some of them, using the help text if
20 necessary.
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman