From: Keith Jackson <kjackson@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] texlive collision
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:54:24
1 * Messages for package dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2008-r1:
2
3 * This package will overwrite one or more files that may belong to other
4 * packages (see list below). You can use a command such as `portageq
5 * owners / <filename>` to identify the installed package that owns a
6 * file. If portageq reports that only one package owns a file then do
7 * NOT file a bug report. A bug report is only useful if it identifies at
8 * least two or more packages that are known to install the same file(s).
9 * If a collision occurs and you can not explain where the file came from
10 * then you should simply ignore the collision since there is not enough
11 * information to determine if a real problem exists. Please do NOT file
12 * a bug report at http://bugs.gentoo.org unless you report exactly which
13 * two packages install the same file(s). Once again, please do NOT file
14 * a bug report unless you have completely understood the above message.
15 *
16 * Detected file collision(s):
17 *
18 * /var/lib/texmf/ls-R
19 *
20 * Searching all installed packages for file collisions...
21 *
22 * Press Ctrl-C to Stop
23 *
24 * dev-texlive/texlive-basic-2008
25 * /var/lib/texmf/ls-R
26 *
27 * Package 'dev-texlive/texlive-latex-2008-r1' NOT merged due to file
28 * collisions. If necessary, refer to your elog messages for the whole
29 * content of the above message.
30
31 So is there anything I can do about this? Am I correct in understanding
32 there is a collision in texlive-basic and texlive-latex?