From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Laptop freeze
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:20:59
1 2008/7/12 Tonko Mulder <tonko.mulder@×××××.com>:
2
3 > I was just thinking about a reply that Beso made.
4 > He said that I need compiz.
5 > Now everything works, so I was wondering what I would gain by
6 > installing compiz(-fusion)
9 compiz gives some usability boost with various effects and 3d eye candy to
10 the desktop. installing it doesn't mean you'll need to use it, but just that
11 you could use it. myself i've got it installed and use it sometimes since
12 it's not bad at all and since some stuff like the exposes, the cube and some
13 other effects improve usability of the overall system. before using out
14 compiz for some time i thought that it was just some use candy and nothing
15 more, but after using it for some time i found it to be quite productive.
16 i personally use the desktop-effects compiz ebuilds and find them quite
17 good.
20 dott. ing. beso