From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 06:09:40
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Dale writes:
5 >> What are some things that I should watch for and enable that isn't so
6 >> obvious for someone new to 64 bit?
7 >>
8 > If you are running databases like mysql, you need to export the databases
9 > and import them later. This is because they are in binary format, and the
10 > datatypes are different in x86 and amd64 world.
11 >
12 > Wonko
17 I don't have anything that I generated anyway. I have something
18 installed that KDE pulled in if I recall correctly. I'll let KDE start
19 off fresh tho.
20
21 This does bring me to another thought tho. Would I be able to copy my
22 /home directory over from a x86 system? I'm thinking I would but want
23 to make sure.
24
25 Thanks
26