From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How to play flac files?
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 04:29:41
1 "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net> posted
2 1160018216.12546.1.camel@×××××××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Wed,
3 04 Oct 2006 20:16:56 -0700:
4
5 > I don't know about you, but I don't look at headers like References. So,
6 > if the subject differ and the mailer says one is a reply to the other, I
7 > consider that a bug.
8
9 I don't normally look at them either, but my client of choice has an
10 option to thread by subject or by references, and I opt for and strongly
11 support its references threading feature. If a post says it's a reply to
12 another post, that's what it is, even if the subject has changed. If
13 someone's replying to a thread with something entirely unconnected (as in,
14 not natural thread drift, but an abrupt unconnected change), it's thread
15 hijacking and a "PEBKAC" (problem exists between keyboard and chair, IOW,
16 the human involved has a bug and he needs called on it so it can be
17 corrected). Subject change on the same thread should be due to thread
18 drift, which is NOT thread hijacking and shouldn't be treated as such, by
19 separately threading it due only to the subject change.
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list