From: Jason <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Eterm wierdness
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:50:21
1 Got a wierd one. Sometimes (usually after a memory intensive task, like
2 emerging ooffice), Eterms in which I'm logged in as root will cause a
3 PrintScreen whenever I hit an arrow key.
4
5 To avoid the printjobs, I start Eterm with '--print-pipe /usr/bin/true',
6 which prevents the waste of paper, but crashes the Eterm. Once the
7 condition trips (after emerging ooffice), it is 100% repeatable. root
8 logins in xterm do _not_ exhibit the same behavior. User logins in
9 either Eterm or xterm don't do it either.
10
11 I'm thinking it is some sort of memory access error in bash when
12 'TERM=Eterm', but I'm having trouble narrowing it down. I tried using
13 the Eterm.ti file ('tic -o /usr/share/terminfo/ Eterm.ti') from the
14 Eterm tarball (Gentoo recently started using the one provided by
15 ncurses). No luck.
16
17 If I shut down the X server and restart it, it goes away.
18
19 Anyone have a clue where I can look? I'd like to isolate and fix it so
20 I can just provide a patch to the appropriate folks. For all I know, it
21 could be a problem in X or enlightenment...
22
23 thx,
24
25 Jason.