From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Open Office / NFS write problem
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:17:16
1 On 2/28/06, Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 28 February 2006 04:22, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Excellent!! That seems to work very fine! Thanks very much!
4 > >
5 > > I guess that when new OO release come along you must remember to
6 > > change this again?
7 >
8 > Alternatively, you might want to consider running nfs.lockd. This provides
9 > locking to nfs shares, and as such solves the problem the other way.
10 >
11 > Paul
12
13 Paul,
14 Thanks. That's interesting. What's to explore about running
15 nfs.lockd? Using slocate it appears to be part of the kernel? Is this
16 correct? Is there any configuration to do? My wife's machine, which is
17 32-bit and has no problem, currently doesn't have any /etc/initd
18 process to start. Not sure about the 64-bit machine as I don't have
19 access right now.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Mark