From: Jim Seymour <in2birds@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Lost ability to log in graphically
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 17:43:24
1 Hi,
2
3 Thanks for the ideas so far. I had already tried startx and that fails and comes back to the command prompt. I have tried the re-emerging of the drivers and even gone as far as running ldd against X and another package I forgot the name of and re-emerged the packages that contained the files that it it linked against as well as re-emerging those packages. I too had run into the nvidia and kernel headers issue when I tried to downgrade the nvidia driver. That was the real reason I dropped back to the nv driver while I was sorting this out, I have all of the right pieces together to run the nvidia driver but want to keep that out if the mix for right now.
4
5 I have not tried the debugging setting or the new user. Off to try those now.
6
7 Thanks to all,
8
9 Jim