From: Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] -fPIC - Toolchain broken?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 17:43:27
1 Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > I didn't look at the code yet, but I guess it has some #ifndef
3 > __OPTIMIZED__. __OPTIMIZED__ is set by gcc with -O2 and above. I guess
4 > if you switch back to your -O3 CFLAGS it will compile.
5 Worked with -O3.
6
7 You know, they say optimization can cause problems ... ;-)
8
9 Anyway, just so I understand: the function is inline/static (don't know
10 which of these causes the problem) which causes compareRanges to be
11 exported, but not compiled position-independently. The linker, seeing
12 that, fails. But with -O>1, it somehow doesn't actually export the
13 function or something like that, and thus it works?
14
15 Sebsatian Redl
16 --
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list