From: Michael Rock <rockmikerock@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: 2.6.16 and ndiswrapper
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:48:24
1 You can't even set your essid, right?
2 With ndiswrapper you're at the mercy of your vendor's
3 drivers. Unless you've got GOOD 64-bit drivers it's
4 not going to play.
5 I just went through this. Not being a skilled hacker,
6 I did the troubleshooting thing, swapping out Live CD's
7 and wireless cards - the winning combination was an
8 atheros-based Belkin card and the rr64 DVD (gentoo-
9 based of course!).
10 And I think the reasons were:
11 1) An OLDER version of madwifi (pre-1.2)
12 2) No acpi support.
13 And 'hi" to the list from the new guy!