From: Dmitri Pogosyan <pogosyan@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How do I choose a second window manager?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:39:18
1 I used XFCE for a year, having mostly left kde-3.5 unused, but recently since
2 the update to 3.5.10 came out, and was modular, have updated to just barebone
3 kdebase-meta. You know - it feels faster than XFCE, and weights in kdebase +
4 couple apps I need, not much more.
5
6 > I too would recommend XFCE. It seems to be /the/ middle ground
7 > between a "full feature" DE and a bare-bones WM, and gets very high
8 > reviews in general. If I ever decide KDE's not for me any more, or
9 > perhaps for my netbook when I get around to putting Gentoo on it, if I
10 > don't like KDE's performance, I've always thought I'd try XFCE first.
11 >
12 > But on my main machine, at least kde3 has been great.
13 --
14 Dmitri Pogosyan Department of Physics
15 Associate Professor University of Alberta
16 tel 1-780-492-2150 11322 - 89 Avenue
17 fax 1-780-492-0714 Edmonton, AB, T6G 2G7, CANADA