From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Umlaut character handling...
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:56:43
1 On 9/15/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Thanks Ben. That looks very helpful.
3 >
4 > Cheers,
5 > Mark
6 >
7 > On 9/15/05, Ben Skeggs <darktama@×××××××××.au> wrote:
8 > > On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 14:38 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
9 > > > What is it waht effects this sort of thing and how do I make my
10 > > > system self consistent so that programs aren't crashing on me?
11 > > >
12 > > Some parts of this guide may be of use to you..
13 > >
14 > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Make_your_system_use_unicode/utf-8
15 > >
16 > > Ben.
17
18 Ben, et. all,
19 There is a section in the above wiki that tells me to set my
20 locale. However the file in /etc/env does not exist:
21
22 <SNIP>
23 Setting locale
24
25 Set your locale:
26 File: /etc/env.d/02locale
27
28 LANG="de_DE.utf8"
29 LANGUAGE="de_DE.utf8"
30 LC_ALL="de_DE.utf8"
31 <SNIP>
32
33 Has the place where you properly set locale moved or am I supposed to
34 create somethign out of thin air?
35
36 Thanks,
37 Mark