From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to kill Kate KDE4.1
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 13:30:45
1 On Montag, 8. September 2008, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I've got this nasty little problem, see, I've opened Kate a couple of
3 > times over the last few weeks to edit various text files or copy text
4 > from the clipboard.
5 >
6 > Now, when I loginto my system for the first time I get 4 Kate windows
7 > lading as well. If this keeps up it'll cause no end of trouble.
8 >
9 > How can I make it stop that? I close Kate the minute I'm done with it
10 > so it's not like I"m leaving it open on logout or shutdown.
11
12 open systemsettings. go to advanced (or something like that - my kde is in
13 german). Click on sessionmanagment (or what it is called). There is a point
14 what shall be done on login. Click 'start with empty session'.