From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] kmix and qt-mt...
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 03:17:13
1 I am still trying to get my AMD64 box up and going - I've got it updated, and then kind of forgot about it again, so I'm going through it again. This time, I got it up - everything working with the new Xorg (1.5.x), and then sync'd to do get fully up to day. I've got 198 packages to go, but it's dying on kmix.
2
3 It seems to be something similar to this bug: http://bugs.gentoo.org/155537
4
5 It keeps complaining about Qt not having library qt-mt.
6 qt 3.3.8b-r1 is installed (according to emerge qt:3 --pretend, the only way I've been able to figure out what is at that slot)
7
8 It seems there may be a mix between qt 4.4.2 and 4.5.1 (according to 'emerge --search qt') installed in the qt:4 slot, though running 'emerge qt:4 --pretend' yields warnings about all dependencies being hard masked. I don't have any use flags or anything in the mask files to unmask it - so I'm not sure how they got there.
9
10 Any ideas on how to clean this up and get 3.5.10 up and working?
11 (BTW, 3.5.10 installed just fine on my x86 32-bit laptop from which I am writing this.)
12
13 TIA,
14
15 Ben