From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How do I choose a second window manager?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:29:10
1 Am Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:10:42 -0700
2 schrieb Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 6:03 AM, Alex Alexander<alex.alexander@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > fluxbox is a nice, lightweight, usable WM :)
6 > >
7 > > --
8 > > Alex Alexander || wired
9 > > Gentoo QT && KDE Herd Tester
10 > > http://www.linuxized.com
14 > Yep. And so small I built it by the time your response came back and
15 > am answering your message from within it. Granted, black screen and
16 > the menus don't see any of the apps I have installed, so that's the
17 > same old problem. Isn't there some app for automatically picking up
18 > apps on putting the menu together auto-magically?
19
20 I used to use fluxbox, though switched to awesome in the meantime. The same
21 thing irritated me, too. There is the fluxbox-generate_menu script, but it
22 produces a somewhat scarce menu. So I used fbpanel:
23
24 marcec@marcec ~ % eix fbpanel
25 [I] x11-misc/fbpanel
26 Available versions: 4.12
27 Installed versions: 4.12(11:50:28 01.04.2009)
28 Homepage: http://fbpanel.sourceforge.net/
31 That comes with a (not 100%, I believe science packages, e.g. gEDA, don't show
32 up) complete menu.
33
34 > Cheers,
35 > Mark
36
37 HTH
38 --
39 Marc Joliet
40 --
41 Lt. Frank Drebin: "It's true what they say: cops and women don't mix. Like
42 eating a spoonful of Drāno; sure, it'll clean you out, but it'll leave you
43 hollow inside."