From: Francisco Perez <fperez@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Mobo recommendations
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:46:04
1 Hey James,
2 I am running all Gentoo AMD 64 in my business and am very happy with the
3 price/performance. I have had very good experiences with Tyan's AMD
4 Opteron mother boards. I have a GX-28 rack-mount server as well as 8
5 boxes based on the Tyan S2895 mobo, all running SMP. Here's what does
6 it for me:
7
8 1)Dual BroadCom Gb.Eth. has built in kernel drivers so you get full Gb
9 support
10 2)NVidia Nforce Professional, again excellent Linux support
11 3)Dual-Core Support plus 8 memory slots = plenty of upgradability as
12 dual core chips go down in price
13 4)Twin Opterons + 16GB ram + CCACHE = very short compile times :)
14
15 Hope that helps, if there is anything else you are wondering about the
16 Tyan mobo's don't hesitate to let me know.
17
18 Frank
19