From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 2nd HDD for var, tmp, usr/portage, swap
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:12:35
1 the only thing that i've splitted is:
2 /boot on a 100Mb partition, and this thing has saved me a lot of pain when
3 something went wrong with the reiserfschecks when the pc ran out of energy
4 with ext2 unjournaled,
5 the /home partition, so that it could be used with different systems without
6 reconfiguring with reiserfs,
7 and a large file partition with xfs which has a very great large file
8 usage....
9 i personally don't really think that splitting other / subfolders may have a
10 great use on everyday use....
11