From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: CFLAGS question from a AMD64 newbie
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:35:45
1 Sami Näätänen <sn.ml@××××××××××××.fi> posted
2 200812092234.39964.sn.ml@××××××××××××.fi, excerpted below, on Tue, 09 Dec
3 2008 22:34:39 +0200:
4
5 > Eah I have
6 > 3GB tmpfs for /var/tmp/paludis and
7 > 1GB tmpfs for /tmp to speed things up in normal operation. And as memory
8 > seems to be quite cheap I might change to 8GB. After all there is no
9 > such thing as too much memory... (Actually there can be, but then one
10 > has the wrong HW to use that memory ;) )
11
12 I have 8 gig here, and for four cores and compiling to tmpfs it's
13 reasonable. I'd be reasonably happy with 4 gig as well, but as you, I
14 figured why not go the 8 gig, so I did. I /had/ thought about 16 gig,
15 maxing out my system, but that would be overkill.
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman