From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Open Office / NFS write problem
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:15:01
1 Hi,
2 I'm running Open Office on my AMD64 machine. In all ways it seems
3 to work fine when using local hard drives. However, if I try to write
4 any file held on my file server then I receive a message that says:
5
6 Error saving the document Untitled1:
7 General input/output error while accessing /video/Mark/test1
8
9 The document was started as a new document, hence the 'Untitled1' name
10 and I gave it the name test1 in the 'Save as...' dialog.
11
12 I do not have this problem when editing from my 32-bit Gentoo
13 machine. It's only from this AMD64 box.
14
15 Is this a problem that's known already? I find this message in a
16 few files through Google but I haven't found a clear description of
17 why it happens or how to fix it.
18
19 Could this be due to using the binary version of Open Office? I'd
20 hate to have to build it from scratch!
21
22 The NFS drive is mounted at boot time. Here's the command in my fstab file:
23
24 mark@lightning ~ $ cat /etc/fstab | grep video
25 myth14:/video /video nfs
26 auto,user,rw,_netdev,noatime,hard,tcp,wsize=32768,rsize=8192,nfsvers=3,async
27 0 0
28 mark@lightning ~ $
29
30 Thanks in advance,