From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Determine RAM configuration
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 19:20:01
1 Bob Sanders wrote:
2 > Mark Haney, mused, then expounded:
3 >> Is there a way (with dmesg or something) to determine what my RAM
4 >> configuration is without rebooting? I kinda need to know how my 1GB RAM
5 >> is laid out so I can buy what I need.
6 >
7 > Identifying the specifc ram modules?
8 >
9 > Dmidecode
10 > lshw
11 >
12 > Both will give details on the modules - at least the size and, if
13 > the SPD is correct, the manufacture. Of cousre the bios has to
14 > also support the information...
15 >
16 > Bob
17
18 dmidecode did it. That's a command I never knew about. Now I know.
19 And knowing is half the battle. :)
20
21 Nothing like a good '80s reference, is there?
25 Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
26
27 Mark Haney
28 Sr. Systems Administrator
29 ERC Broadband