From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] 32-bit chroot
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 21:14:04
1 I just recently moved from a pentium 3 system to an amd64 system and
2 initially installed an x86 system (in order to make the move quickly). I
3 am now ready to install aamd64 gentoo. I notice the handbook talks
4 about a 32-bit chroot for the purpose of running 32-bit apps.
5
6 Will my existing x86 system (its on a separate partition) serve for this
7 purpose or do I need to set up a separate "chroot" system?
8
9 Will I still be able to boot inot it from time to time (not sure why I
10 would want to but it may be necessary)? In other words, using it as a
11 "chroot" system won't disable some of the init files, etc. and make it
12 unusable as a separate bootable system?
13
14 Tony
17 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
18 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
19 -- Benjamin Franklin
20 --
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list