From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] KDE and kdeprefix
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:34:18
1 Barring the somewhat humorous ending to this warning from my latest
2 updates to KDE, I'm a little concerned by the import of the message.
3 Can someone enlighten me?
6 * WARNING! You have kdeprefix useflag enabled.
7 * This setting is strongly discouraged and might lead to potential troubles
8 * with KDE update strategies.
9 * You are using this setup at your own risk and kde team does not
10 * take responsibilities for dead kittens.
13 What update strategies are being considered that would break by using
14 this? And was this a KDE message directly? Or is this a warning from
15 the Gentoo KDE devs?
18 Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
19
20 Mark Haney
21 Sr. Systems Administrator
22 ERC Broadband