From: Tony Sperling <tony.sperling@××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Trying to find a distro to install on existing RAID
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:46:18
1 Hello - I have an existing system (AMD64) that I'd like to configure for
2 'dual-Boot'. It sits on SATA RAID0 and I have prepared a partition for it.
3 Trouble is, the only Linux driver ( SiS 180) I can find is 'source' and all
4 Distro's that I have tried so far (a considerable number) only recognise two
5 IDE disks.
6
7 I now put my trust in Gentoo, hoping somebody can confirm it will be able to
8 support the set-up 'out-of-the-box'. Otherwise, I'd be most happy for any
9 good suggestions that anyone can think of.
10
11 In the event that I must compile the driver myself, I would like to know if
12 it neccessarily has to be done on a 64bit system?
13
14 Only now,I notice that SiS have updated their info on the site - they now
15 imply that SiS drivers are more or less built in the kernel after 2.4.x - is
16 this correct? Suse, Mandriva, Ubuntu have all failed me lately!
17
18 TIA
21 Tony. . .
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list