From: Chris Forsyth <chris.forsyth@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] long boot time with network cable
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:18:56
1 that worked like a charm. Sorry for the long delay. Been a busy few days
2
3 Thanks Homer
4
5 Chris
6
7 Homer Parker wrote:
8 > On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 23:09 -0500, Chris Forsyth wrote:
9 >
10 >> Hey everyone
11 >> I'm hoping there is an easy fix for this. Almost done with the
12 >> install on my notebook (X-server and KDE left) but during boot if I
13 >> don't have a my network cable plugged in it takes forever. Is there
14 >> anyway to break the DHCP request during boot? I rather not use a static
15 >> IP address.
18 > In /etc/conf.d/net, alter your configuration to look like:
19 >
20 > iface_eth0="dhcp"
21 > dhcpcd_eth0="-t 5"
22 >
23 > That will have it time out after 5 seconds. /etc/conf.d/net.example is
24 > a good read ;)
29 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list