From: B Nice <Anonymous_Pseudonym_88@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Seamonkey vs Mozilla cage match round two
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 13:23:04
1 >I will have to stop using it someday, and I won't bother with an
2 >overlay. But last time I tried seamonkey it was unstable unreliable
3 >junk. What I want to understand is why seamonkey and mozilla can't
4 >coexist. They have different names, but even if they didn't, there
5 >are slots for apache and apache2, as many different kernels as you
6 >could possibly want, and ... mozilla and seamonkey conflict with each
7 >other. Why?
8
9 You'll be happy to know that the crashiness of seamonkey had been solved
10 a couple of months ago. It has been and still is rock solid on my main
11 system, my better halfs system and <shudder> my gaming system (Read as
12 Windows XP laptop). I've actually had more trouble with FF collapsing
13 then with seamonkey. Of course YMMV
14
15 As for you main question. Maybe seamonkey and mozilla clash with each
16 other because they are so close to being the same thing. Some dev
17 likely looked at it and said that they're too close to bother
18 differentiating. Hence your current problem, and the problem I faced
19 when seamonkey was first dropped into the ebuild system with nothing
20 being built against it.
21
22 B Vance
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list