From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:05:28
1 On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:35:34 -0700
3 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> Possibly this from Google will help?
9 > OK, I think I've found the URL that you may have intended:
10 >
11 > http://weltall.heliohost.org/wordpress/2012/01/20/linux-kernel-3-3-rc1-and-nvidia-drivers/
12 >
13 > I followed the second fix that is described and now the nvidia-drivers
14 > emerge and work nicely with linux kernel-3.3.
15 >
16 > Thanks for the hint.
17 >
18 > There are changes to the kernel-3.3 tree that will have to addressed
19 > by the gentoo nvidia-drivers or other users will hit this problem
20 > as well.
21 >
22 > Frank Peters
26 Glad you found it. That is the link I just sent along and good to know
27 it helped a bit.
28
29 As I said, on kernel revision number changes I ALWAYS wait a minimum
30 of 3-5 days before trying to upgrade. nvidia always seems to need at
31 least a few days to catch up with a new release, or that's been my
32 experience in the past anyway.
33
34 Cheers,
35 Mark