From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:05:28
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:35:34 -0700 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote: > >> >> Possibly this from Google will help? >> > > OK, I think I've found the URL that you may have intended: > > > > I followed the second fix that is described and now the nvidia-drivers > emerge and work nicely with linux kernel-3.3. > > Thanks for the hint. > > There are changes to the kernel-3.3 tree that will have to addressed > by the gentoo nvidia-drivers or other users will hit this problem > as well. > > Frank Peters > >
Glad you found it. That is the link I just sent along and good to know it helped a bit. As I said, on kernel revision number changes I ALWAYS wait a minimum of 3-5 days before trying to upgrade. nvidia always seems to need at least a few days to catch up with a new release, or that's been my experience in the past anyway. Cheers, Mark

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>