From: Wil Reichert <wil.reichert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Hurray! Radeon KMS in 2.6.31
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:49:06
1 On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Lie Ryan<lie.1296@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Dmitri Pogosyan wrote:
6 >>> One thing that always bugs me is that XRandR requires some
7 >>> configuration[1] and X restart[2],
8 >>
9 >> Why are you say that ? One surely does not need to restart X, that's  the
10 >> whole point of XrandR
13 > For changing "Resolution and Rotation", you're correct; but with or
14 > without randr, whatever I tried I can't switch between single monitor
15 > and dual monitor and back without restarting X.
16
17 I do this hooking my laptop up to my livingroom TV frequently, works
18 great. Something like
19
20 xrandr --output TV-6 --auto
21 xrandr --output LVDS --off