From: Bernhard Auzinger <e0026053@×××××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 2nd HDD for var, tmp, usr/portage, swap
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:51:21
1 > Spreading them across drives could result in faster access if the
2 > controllers the drives are atached to allow overlapping commands. IDE
3 > doesn't do this and can only have one drive active on the bus.
4 They are two IDE-drives and two SATA-drives. The IDE drives are each on a
5 separate controller.
6
7 Thank you all for your replies. You've inspired me very well :). If the
8 weather will be rainy, I will move my /var/ partition to another drive or
9 maybe set up an LVM. But before I've to sleep a few nights over it.
10
11 Rgds
12 Bernhard
13 --