From: Nicolas Sergent <khapin@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kernel.org vs. Gentoo-64 bit kernels (xruns)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:16:52
1 Mark Knecht a écrit :
2 > Hi,
3 > Is there a simple document around that would tell me something
4 > about the differences between the Gentoo 64-bit kernel and the
5 > standard 2.6.13.2 kernel from kernel.org? I'm a audio user, live audio
6 > recording, etc., and use Jack all the time. My new AMD64 machine is
7 > giving me many xrun problems that I have not seen on other Gentoo
8 > machines running Gentoo kernels. However all previous Gentoo machines
9 > were 32-bit and here I'm running the 64-bit kernel.
10 >
11 > I'm considering building a kernel from kernel.org with the realtime
12 > patches applied which will probably fix things according to the
13 > Jack-audio developer folks. Unfortunately the patch set for 2.6.13
14 > does not apply cleanly against the Gentoo 64-bit kernel source, so I'm
15 > wondering what I'd be missing by using the kernel.org kernel instead.
16 >
17 > I also need to determine if the problems are possibly because of
18 > this new NForce4 chipset but that may take awhile.
19 >
20 > Thanks in advance for any info you might provide.
21 >
22 > Cheers,
23 > Mark
27 Hi,
28
29 have you had a look at sys-apps/realtime-lsm ? ( http://www.joq.us )
30 I don't know if it's as performant as the rt-patches, but you can use
31 this module with a gentoo-kernel.
32
33 Cheers
34