From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE4.3 upgrade -- questions about wiki page
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:57:59
1 On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Paul
2 Hartman<paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Mark Knecht<markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Mark Haney<mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 >>> I'm trying to upgrade to 4.3 from 4.2.4 and I've been seeing the blocks
6 >>> that are keeping me from upgrading.  According to the wiki page I should:
7 >>>
8 >>>> # Check that you don’t have any 4.2 versioned kde-base/* items in /var/lib/portage/world
9 >>>> # Check that you don’t have any 4.2 versioned sets in /var/lib/portage/world_sets
10 >>>
11 >>> I did that, and I do have a few KDE things in world.  My question is,
12 >>> how do I fix that?  I am nervous about editing /var/lib/portage/world
13 >>> directly.  Is there some other, better way?
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >>> --
18 >>> Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
19 >>>
20 >>> Mark Haney
21 >>> Sr. Systems Administrator
22 >>> ERC Broadband
23 >>> (828) 350-2415
24 >>>
25 >>>
26 >>
27 >> I'm not at a Gentoo machine right now, but in addition to the inputs
28 >> from Akos and Paul there is a Gentoo app (which unfortunately I don't
29 >> remember the name but is something obvious like auto-unblock, etc.)
30 >> that does auto-unblocking and adds lines to portage.unmask,
31 >> portage.keywords, etc. It puts comments around the lines it adds so
32 >> that it's easy to see what it did. sometimes you need to run it a
33 >> couple of times to get to a point where you'll get a clean install,
34 >> but it does work.
35 >>
36 >> Might be another option for you.
37 >>