From: Marco Matthies <marco-ml@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Help - Wine-0.9 build failure
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:30:19
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I just downloaded the new 0.9 release. The build fails pretty
4 > quickly (first 2 minute or so) with the following failure on my AMD64
5 > machine. Anyone tried this yet?
6
7 Hi Mark,
8
9 i just built wine 0.9 through portage, so you might try that route (just
10 note that 0.9 seems to be regarded as an older version, so you need to
11 put something like >=app-emulation/wine-10.0 in your
12 /etc/portage/package.mask).
13 As far as I can see you tried building it yourself, and from the build
14 output the errors look like gcc was told to compile for 32-bit x86 'gcc
15 -m32' but you were pulling in 64-bit libs '-L /usr/lib64'. I'm not
16 really familiar with wine's build system so I don't know exactly what
17 you need to do to change this, but you need to do something to make the
18 build use /usr/lib32 , i.e. 32-bit libs.
19
20 Marco
21 --
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list