From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:04:06
1 On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:35:34 -0700
3 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> Possibly this from Google will help?
9 > Did you intend to include a link?  If so, it must have gotten
10 > lost somewhere.
11 >
12 > Frank Peters
16 Gadzooks, yes I did. Sorry!
17
18 http://weltall.heliohost.org/wordpress/2012/01/20/linux-kernel-3-3-rc1-and-nvidia-drivers/
19
20 To be clear, I have no idea if it will solve your exact problem. It
21 didn't for all.
22
23 My experience with nvidia is pretty good if you give them a couple of
24 days, but very spotty on the first or second day a new kernel minor
25 rev is released. Nominally I use this page:
26
27 http://www.nvidia.com/Download/indexsg.aspx?lang=en-us
28
29 and then search out my specific card to determine what _exact_ driver
30 they want me to run. It almost always requires i run ~amd64.
31
32 HTH,
33 Mark