From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 21:04:06
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:35:34 -0700 > Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote: > >> >> Possibly this from Google will help? >> > > Did you intend to include a link?  If so, it must have gotten > lost somewhere. > > Frank Peters > >
Gadzooks, yes I did. Sorry! To be clear, I have no idea if it will solve your exact problem. It didn't for all. My experience with nvidia is pretty good if you give them a couple of days, but very spotty on the first or second day a new kernel minor rev is released. Nominally I use this page: and then search out my specific card to determine what _exact_ driver they want me to run. It almost always requires i run ~amd64. HTH, Mark