From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] crm114 - update failure
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:02:38
1 On Thursday 01 Jul 2010 15:50:46 Frank Peters wrote:
2 > On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:22:01 +0100
3 >
4 > Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 <snip>
6 > You are missing libtre.a, the static library.
7 >
8 > You should emerge tre with USE="static-libs" to get it.
9 >
10 > I don't know if package tre respects the "static-libs" USE option, but
11 > it is worth a try.
12 >
13 > Frank Peters
14 Hello Frank,
15 USE="static-libs" did not work but after reading the bug that Peter highlighted
16 I was a bit confused (not unusual for me) but I tried MAKEOPTS="-j1" USE=-
17 static emerge --oneshot -avtu crm114 and it worked.
18 So I now have it installed but in kmail when I run the spam wizard it reports
19 that no spam detection tools were found.
20 I just don't know what to do next, should I use another spam tool? Any
21 recommendations?
22 Thanks for all who helped
23 Paul
24 --
25 This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.