From: David Fellows <fellows@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] printing has stopped
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 01:22:53
1 On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 16:47:53 +0000
2 Paul Stear wrote -
3 > Hi all,
4 > Further to my last e-mail. Printing now seems to be working correctly,
5 > however, I get an error "404 Not Found" when I try to bring cups up in
6 > konqueror using ://localhost:631.
7 > Has anyone any ideas to solve this last bit?
8 > Thanks
9 > Paul
10
11 Try
12 grep -i DocumentRoot /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
13 If you have an entry, delete it. restart cupsd.
14
15 It appears that you have a very old cupsd.conf file. Who knows what other
16 cruft you have in it. The Gentoo cups ebuilds have changed a lot in the
17 past 18 months vis-avis where they put stuff. I would suggest that you
18 move /etc/cups to somewhere safe and do
19 emerge --sync
20 emerge --oneshot -uv cups
21 dispatch-conf
22
23 With dispatch conf accept the *new* config files. If necessary tweak the
24 new files to reflect your particular hardware/network/permissions, etc.
25 Do this rather than keep the old files or keep and tweak the old files.
26 Restart cupsd and see if it behaves better.
27
28 I suggest syncing and updating because there was a new stable ebuild
29 released this weekend.
30
31 I believe that my /etc/cups/cupsd.conf is vanilla as installed by the
32 ebuild. It has very little in it, nothing re file location.
33
34 Dave F
35 --
36 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list