From: Guy Harrison <swampdog-ml6@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE - vanishing apps
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 00:07:27
1 On Saturday 11 Feb 2006 05:51, Duncan wrote:
2 > Guy Harrison posted <200602110032.43938.swampdog-ml6@××××××××.com>,
3 >
4 > excerpted below, on Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:32:43 +0000:
5 > > Over ssh most of my KDE apps have vanished off the startbar. Would
6 > > appreciate a hint on how to restore them - is there a command like
7 > > kappfiner (which doesn't) which will repopulate it?
8 >
9 > For further reference, the desktop list is the more appropriate list
10 > for this sort of questions, or the user list. The desktop list in
11 > particular deals with GNOME and KDE issues fairly regularly, and is far
12 > lower volume than either the dev list or the user list, but still has
13 > the devs and others that can help watching.
14
15 [noted your correction so will continue here]
16
17 > Try kmenuedit, both as your regular user, if that's where it's
18 > happening, and as root, if it's happening to everyone or you want to
19 > see whether the problem is with your user profile or the system. (If
20 > further questions or that doesn't immediately make the problem and its
21 > solution obvious, please take it to desktop, where I'm a regular as
22 > well, and we won't be bothering all these devs working on other parts
23 > of Gentoo and not necessarily interested in KDE.)
24
25 Unfortunately the apps have vanished from kmenuedit also. I've never
26 directly logged into a GUI on this box as root user - only via kdesu.
27 I've no doubt the apps would reappear if I were to create a new user, or
28 indeed trash $HOME/.kde but the latter is too expensive.
31 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list