From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Grub upgrade note.
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 13:44:00
1 I just upgraded grub and got this note at the end.
2
3 *** IMPORTANT NOTE: you must run grub and install
4 * the new version's stage1 to your MBR. Until you do,
5 * stage1 and stage2 will still be the old version, but
6 * later stages will be the new version, which could
7 * cause problems such as an unbootable system.
8
9 I've done some grub installs in the past, but this is a new one on me.
10 What exactly does install the new version's 'stage1' mean? How do I do
11 what this is telling me to do?
15 Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
18 Mark Haney
19 Sr. Systems Administrator
20 ERC Broadband
21 (828) 350-2415
22
23 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
24 --
25 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list