From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to install to a RAID set?
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 16:19:46
1 On Sunday 07 May 2006 13:06, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Ok, many thanks to all who replied. I think I'll go the hardware
3 > route.
4 >
5 > I've found a card that seems ideal for my needs: one that will fit
6 > into the 32-bit PCI 2.2 slots on this motherboard but doesn't cost
7 > more than the pair of disks it will drive. It's the Adaptec 1210SA
8 > controller.
9 >
10 > I'll go searching the HCLs, but meanwhile does anyone here have a view
11 > on this device?
12
13 Some pointers about what manufacturers/boards provide true hardware raid:
14
15 http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html
16 http://linux-ata.org/faq-sata-raid.html
17
18 I had to face this problem myself some time ago. Seems that areca, 3ware,
19 IBM, some of Adaptec's and a few others are the ones you can choose from
20 (they provide true hw raid). I bought an Areca ARC-1120 and I'm happy
21 with it, but YMMV.
22 --
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list