From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Glibc Update Breaks Open/LibreOffice -- Can't Downgrade
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 18:08:19
1 On Wednesday 06 July 2011 12:08:45 Frank Peters wrote:
2 > On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 00:22:33 -0500
3 > Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Take a look at this page:> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Downgrade_Glibc>
5 > > And also this forum topic:> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-845000-
6 start-0.html
7 > Thanks for these links.
8 > What a mess! In my case there would be no problem becauseabsolutely nothing
9 was built against the new glibc.
10 > However, I found another solution. I did not realize thatGentoo offers a
11 binary OpenOffice package. Installingthis openoffice-bin package now gives me
12 an OpenOfficethat starts with the new glibc update.
13 > So the new question is why does the binary from OO/LOfail to start while the
14 Gentoo binary shows no problem?AFAIK they are the same package, but the
15 directory structuresare different.
16 > Anyway, I'm glad to have OO running.
17 > Frank Peters
18
19 one is compiled by the ooo guys for some setup they consider 'standard'. The
20 other compiled against gentoo stable tree.
21
22 Huge differences. Really.
26 #163933