From: Bruce <bruceeverett@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] kernel configuration options
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:06:33
Hi,

I'm about to manually configure a kernel when I install Gentoo on my
AMD64 machine. Would like a few tips on what kernel options I should
use.

I've got an Athlon64 3000+, a VIA k8t800 chipset, onboard realtek ac 97
audio, radeon 9600 pro AGP card (I know I know), VIA SATA RAID
controller, PROMISE SATA RAID controller, CD-RW, CD-ROM, FDD, VIA
firewire controller, USB2.0 ports, PS/2 mouse & keyboard, old 36k
dial-up modem (temp modem for linux), Realtek TRL8169/8110 Gigabit
Ethernet NIC.

Any suggestions?

Bruce

"Philosophy is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat.
Metaphysics is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat
that isn't there.
Theology is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that
isn't there and shouting "I found it!"" - www.godlessgeeks.com