From: DR GM SEDDON <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] changing desktop
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:47:29
1 Craig Webster wrote:
2
3 > On 21 Nov 2005, at 23:10, Taka John Brunkhorst wrote:
4 >
5 >>> emerge -p <wm name>
6 >>> It'll say what packages are blocking the merge. Unmerge the blockers
7 >>> and try again.
10 >> Please read the gentoo documentation... or portage documentation.. or
11 >> emerge documentation... whatever you want to call.
14 > I'm not quite sure why you're telling me to read the docs[1] here...
15 > They say exactly what I did above; use emerge -p to find blockers,
16 > unmerge them and try again.
17 >
18 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?
19 > part=2&chap=1#doc_chap4
20 >
21 > Yours,
22 > Craig
23 > --
24 > Craig Webster | t: +44 (0)131 516 8595 | e: craig@××××××.net
25 > Xeriom.NET | f: +44 (0)709 287 1902 | w: http://xeriom.net
29 Yes,
30 unmerging windowmaker, emerging fvwm results in blocking files. Then if
31 you try to unmerge these it complains 'nothing to unmerge'.
32 --
33 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list